City of Richardson is a clean, safe, vibrant, and inclusive community in which residents and businesses enjoy a high quality of life and are proud to call “home”
All of our stakeholders enjoy superior, responsive city services.
Our accessibility, and the quality and variety of our amenities, recreation opportunities, green spaces, housing options, education opportunities, retail choices, and transportation options are locally, nationally and globally recognized.
We have a thriving, diverse business community whose success is supported by a superior infrastructure, access to a talented, well-educated, and engaged workforce, a business-friendly environment, and easy access to the North Texas region and the world.
For Richardson to be a place where people are proud to live, work, and engage in the community
To have stakeholders choose Richardson as the best place to invest
To effectively and efficiently manage city resources while maintaining and enhancing city services
To have clear, easy to understand processes and policies that make it easy to do business with the City
- Enhance the quality of life of our stakeholders
- Attract and retain targeted businesses and increase the number, quality, and variety of job opportunities throughout the city
- Strengthen property values
- Effective and efficient management of City finances
- Increase the sense of community
- Increase private participation and contributions
- Improve communications
- Attract, develop, and retain quality city employees
- Improve customer experience in interactions with the city
- Appropriate use of technology and innovation
- Improve accessibility to the city
- Improve documentation, processes, structure, and services
Role of Council
• • •
The role of the Council is to develop a long-term vision for the city, to develop policies necessary to achieve the vision, and to communicate with, seek input from, and be the voice for, residents, businesses, and other stakeholders.
The Council will provide the direction, trust, and support necessary for the City Manager to implement the operational aspects of our vision and be positive and resourceful advocates of the city.
Rules of Engagement
• • •
At all times, and in all interactions, the Council will work to find common ground in the best interest of the stakeholders. While executing our duties, we will be:
- Respectful – Of differing ideas and opinions, and other people’s time
- Thoughtful – We will listen thoroughly and evaluate on merit
- Professional – Punctual, Focused, Present, and Prepared
- Supportive – Of each other, our City, our decisions, and our staff
- Efficient – With City resources, our time, and the time of others